Monday, November 10, 2008

youtube

So far I like the project we are doing involving youtube. But then again we haven't actually posted our videos on youtube. I guess I'll have to see the final results in order to see if youtube was good or not for this project. This is because I have not yet dealt with the issues presented by Alexandra Juhasz's essay. Her issuaes deal with the backlash of youtube for the classroom. I'm sure the issue about uninformed people coommenting on the videos will come up but I don't know how I'll feel about it yet.

I have seen connections with writing and video in my project. To start with my group had to organize a script that went the movie. This is where writing comes in to movie making. Since we are not seasoned actors it would be hard to just ne on screen and adlib. The main idea for our video involves writing. I'm not just talking about how we have to talk about writing either. My group plans to write out examples and video tape them. In ways like this I see the connection between film and writing.

On the other hand this is an assignment, so a lot of planning and work goes into it. I find it more difficult to see the connection between writing and low budget films found on youtube. I find this to be true because youtube is the kind of program that I view as just being there for fun. While writing components are in there, writing does not seem that involved as the project we are doing.

No comments: